Tuesday, October 23, 2007

5

When is too much pink too much? NEVER!!! If you are 5....


We celebrated my little one's 5th birthday last weekend. She had a "Pink-Princess-Pet Shop" themed party. Remember those bunnies from earlier this summer??? They were a hit! I cut off the bows and created collars for them. The kids got to decorate the collars and name the bunny. Then they filled out adoption certificates. They had a super yummy pull-apart cupcake cake in the shape of a kitten. They made Sandy Candy necklaces. They jumped in a big pink princess castle moonwalk. They played pin the nose on the puppy. They pounded on a pinata stuffed with candy, and then they went home with the cutest cupcake goodie bags (and a major sugar high...) It was a fabulous day!


She made out like a bandit, as she always does, with lots of great gifts from her friends and family. I bought her the most fabulous Lelli Kelly sneakers full of beads and sequins for her big day. I soooo wish they had grown-up sizes too... the ballet flats are adorable!!! Definitely check them out!


I also made her this big, foofy, pink ballerina box. A little over-the-top pink for most of us, but just right for a special 5 year old!

I will have to show you the beautiful dollhouse that my father made for her... and all of the fantastic Club Little House goodies that we received for it!!

I have also been super busy putting things together for Silver Bella, which is quickly approaching!!! Eeek!
I'll share some sneak peeks later this week!!!

13 comments:

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

A Happy Birthday to your little Pink Princess! It looks like you made it a very special day for her!!
(and there's no such thing as too much pink! ;)

Maria said...

OOH such pretties Heather!

Junie Moon said...

What an adorable party and happy birthday to your little one. I would love to see the dollhouse.

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

5!!! What a special year and what a special party!!! Happy, happy birthday to your little one! xo-Mel

Sandy said...

That has got to be the prettiest, most creative Birthday I ever heard of. Your daughter is so lucky! I would love to see the doll house! BTW, I checked-out your store site and purchased some items..can't wait to use them!

Sandra Evertson said...

What a fun party! That pink box is Fabulous!
Lucky girl!
Sandra Evertson

barbara burkard said...

oh oh...looks sooo adorable!!! big hugz!!! we are home now!

Beth Leintz said...

What a great ballerina box- I bet you had so much fun making it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter.
five is such a fun age!

~elaine~
roz_etta@yahoo.com

Robyn said...

HOw fab! I would love a party like that..lol! I love PINK!

Michelle said...

how utterly cute! Something to cherish "forever"!

Alison Gibbs said...

How gorgeous the ballerina Box is.Can't wait to see a pic of the Dollhouse.
Alison

Donna Layton said...

This is so NOT over the top for me! I love it. It's gorgeous. I also know what you mean about wishing they made little girl shoes in adult sizes. I'm forever standing in front of the little girl shoes wondering why they don't think I would want to own any of those shoes!