Monday, December 31, 2007

Back in the saddle

What a crazy couple of weeks! The "feeling a bit under the weather" from the previous post turned into a nasty flu that lingered with our whole family for a week! Yuck! Once we were all better, Christmas was only a few days away. Yikes! I had a few days of marathon shopping, baking, cleaning, wrapping, and visiting. It was alot of work, but it turned out to be a lovely day. Santa was really good to all of us. The Little Ones got all of their Christmas wishes, and I got some special treats too! I'm most excited about the Photoshop Elements and Bamboo tablet that my sweet hubby gave me! Sooooo much fun! I've got so many ideas brewing for 2008!
I will be adding some new goodies to the shop in the next week or so and announcing some fun new swaps as well!


In the meantime, here is something special that I can't believe I forgot to share earlier! A group of wonderful women from an online art group that I belong to (sneakily) got together and made a baby quilt for my Littlest One. There were 3 of us in the group who were all having baby girls around the same time last year.... and these amazing ladies made us each a gorgeous quilt! Each participant created a block and sent it to the organizer, Jennifer, and she sewed them all together!!! Barb made handmade books to go along with them. So sweet! The quilt is amazing, and will be treasured.


AND, the quilts were published in the Nov/Dec issue of Cloth Paper Scissors!!! The story about them can be found in the "Letters to the Editor" section in the front of the magazine!

This particular issue of CPS, also features some work by the amazing Charlotte Lyons. I finally finished my project from the kit that I purchased from her at Silver Bella. It was SUCH a fun project!!! The finished piece is lovely and fits in perfectly with my holiday items. Here's a peek:


I hope everyone has a very happy and safe New Year!
Hugs!

(Edit: Directions for the Snowman Pops can be found HERE.)

9 comments:

Scrappy Jessi said...

have a great new years miss heather!!!
sounds like you had a great christmas too!!!
see you in 2008
jessi

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Hi Heather, Happy New Year and I am looking forward to your blog in 2008!! xo, suzy

beth said...

hey heather just wanted to say happy new year !!! hope your enjoying your charm !!!
take care,
xo,
beth
www.bethquinndesigns.com

wanderlustandpixiedust said...

What a sweet and lovely quilt. How exciting to have it in CPS!
Have a very happy New Year's!

Shabby Cottage Boutique said...

Thank You Happy New Year Health Wealth and Love. Denise Massachusetts

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

Heather! So good to hear from you!!! Happy, happy new year!!! I'm hoping to send you a big email today!!! xo-Mel

Holee said...

The snowman pops are adorable. How did you get them to melt together?

Elizabeth said...

Can I get some instructions on how to make those cute snowman pops? Thanks!

aswewalk said...

I'd LOVE to make those snowman pops tomorrow. Any tips for making them stick together and getting the m&m's to stick? Or am I going to have to be creative on my own? Lol.