Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Just Duckie

We celebrated my Littlest One's First Birthday this weekend! It was a blast! I LOVE planning my girls' parties. They will only be little for such a short time, so we may as well enjoy it!!! I can't believe that a whole year has gone by since we welcomed our little sweetie to our family...

We did a rubber duckie theme. (As you can probably tell!) She loves taking baths, and has learned to say 'duckie'.


I made her cake using a 3D cake mold by Wilton. I found the blue tub at the dollar store and thought it would be a perfect base for the cake. I added marshmallows around the cake to look like bubbles. This was actually the second duckie cake that I made for her. The party was originally scheduled for the week before. We had to cancel because of a snowstorm. I sent the first duckie to preschool with my other daughter... I am now officially known as "The Cool Cake Mom". Heehee.


I bought these cupcakes froma a yummy local bakery and just put them on the stand and added the duckies.


And these were some of the party favors. These duckie soaps are super easy! I had been saving plastic baby food containers as molds. The soap is just glycerine melt-and-pour soap from the craft store. I filled each container about 2/3 full and let it set for a few minutes. Then I gently pushed the ducks into each. When they are completely set, they just pop out of the containers. Easy peasy.

I found some little duckie appliques at the craft store and ironed them on to pretty blue washclothes.

And this fun stuff is bubble bath confetti. So fun! You add it to running water and it makes bubbles. I bought it in bulk and put it into little baggies. The kids also got a CD of bathtime songs and bath crayons. We also had a "duck egg hunt". Since the party was indoors, we couldn't do the usual pinata, so the got their candy fix from searching for candy filled plastic eggs.

It was so much fun!!! If you are planning a child's birthday party this website has TONS of great ideas!

29 comments:

Vintage Tea said...

Such a fantastic theme for a party! I still remember all the parties my mum threw me!

Victoria

Kim Kwan said...

that's it!
I'm hanging up my mommy apron and giving up my quest for the best mommy crown! You win, hands down!
BRILLIANT ideas...beautifully executed! Too bad at 1 year old only the adults will really appreciate it - ha! :-) Take lots of photos and scrap the heck out of it...when your little one has kids, they'll appreciate it!! :-)

barbara burkard said...

goodness!!! very very kool!!!!
hugz and duck duck duck..GOOSE!!!!...

YOUR IT!

SOINSPIRED said...

Oh this brings back memories. My "baby" is now 11. I had a "ducky" party for her 1st birthday too with a duck cake, surrounded by cupcakes with those mini ducks. How fun! She has had a themed birthday every year since.

Anonymous said...

Heather, this is all SO CUTE!!! It always amazes me how much you do! Can't believe she's already the big 1!!!

Hugs to you all and I miss chatting with you tons,

B in C :)

ArtsyMama said...

Oh my, what a party! So glad you were able to have it:) You have such attention to evey litle detail. It all looks absolutely fantastic!! Happy FIRST Birthday to your little darling!
Cheers
Kari

Lilli said...

You did all this?!!! You're my Hero! Love all the duckie touches :)

Sugar Bear said...

Oh wow! You are definitely a cool mom - perhaps you should be a kids party planner?
Karla

Christine Edwards said...

What an adorable party! I bet everyone had a blast...especially the birthday girl. Great job!

Scrappy Jessi said...

i left you allot of comments on flickr!
this is the best party eva!
you are the cool cake mom!
just darling
oxoxox,
jessi

Caleen said...

You really know how to throw a party.. you are a great mom.. How cute!! What a fun idea for a little
one's birthday.. Everything is wonderful.. way to go!!

Amy said...

So so cute!!! I love this idea for a party! Everything looks fantastic.

-Amy

http://craftingbycandlelight.blogspot.com

Monica said...

ooh thos party favors are precious!

Kai said...

Heather, you ROCK! Everything is just perfect, and what a nice memory for the bd scrapbook! I didn't know you had a little one! Wow! Wasn't it only YESTERDAY that MY daughter turned a year old? Actually it was 37 YEARS ago. What joy you have to look forward to! And, hey! We want to see party pictures!!!!! Love those cake-all-over-the-face shots!

kari said...

What a fun and cute theme! I love it!

bluemuf said...

Wow, What a great theme. I loved all the wonderful ideas. Thank you

Karen

Fran said...

You did a FANTASTIC job on your little girl's 1st birthday party. WOW WOW!! I love the duckie theme.

Sandy said...

You're an awesome mom and party planner! Everything looks amazing and it's so creative! Happy birthday to the little one!

Sandy

Sarah said...

Just duckie!
Looks like a great birthday! Your cake turned out so good! Gotta love the star tip!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Mary Isabella said...

Nice!!! I know they had a blast...Smiles

Robyn said...

Truly fantastic!

leesiebella said...

Hey there!
Your ducky is adorable!! So fantastic!!
Happy Birthday to your little one too!!

xoxo
ANALISE

tiffany said...

Ok, the cupcakes are just tooo Cute!!!!!!!!

Beth said...

wow... when i have "my" birthday party this summer, i am calling you... & you will only need to make 39 soap duckies....lol :) luv it, luv it, luv it!

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

OH MY GOSH!!!

I love everything so much!!!! Heather, you rock!!! So springy and fun! xo-Mel

Trulymom's Creations said...

Oh my goodness! My daughter would love the cake...it's so cute. Thank you for sharing.

RobinBirdsNest said...

Adorable!!

Maija said...

Oh man! Will you be my mommy?

asnipofgoodness said...

This is such a cute idea!!!! I love the theme, and all the cute ducky things you came up with, just darling!!!