Friday, March 21, 2008

10 Little Ducklings

I'm so excited to get to finally share what I made for Heather's "Hippity Hop Easter Swap"! It was a day-by-day countdown style swap, and today is the day that the swappers will be opening my gift.


I really had a ton of fun making these little ducklings! I have been having a hard time lately finding time to just make things for fun. Between the shop and my girls, my day is pretty much packed. I think that is why I like swaps so much. They kind of force me to set aside some time to be creative.


I used these cute hollow plastic eggs that were on pedestals, and sugar coated them in glitter. I then added some tinsel around the edge, some vintage flowers and leaves, and pretty ribbons. I made a little party hat for the cute fuzzy duck and glued him inside. I have always loved combining pink and green. It's the color theme in my oldest daughter's room. They earned her seal of approval... I hope the players will like them too!

I still need to photograph the wonderful goodies that I've received so far for this swap. I will post them soon, but in the meantime, you can check out the group's Flickr album to see all of the other wonderful swap items!

19 comments:

Scrappy Jessi said...

aacckk!!
so cute!
happy easter
oxoxox,
jessi

Sarah and Jack said...

I saw these on another swapper's blog yesterday, and they are so cute!

Dolly said...

AWWWWW these are sooooo precious!!!!
Love them!

Happy Easter,
Hugz,
Dolly

Beth said...

wonderful heather !!! love these !!
xo,
beth

AmyB said...

They're just "ducky!" Love the little egg holder and jaunty party hats! - Amy Bauer

Gabriela said...

Happy Easter, Heather!

Warm regards,

Gabriela

bluemuf said...

Oh My, the are so cute.

Have a very Happy Easter

Karen

Heather Grow said...

They are adorable. Happy Easter.

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Heather, Thank you for making these cute Easter ducks...I love mine! The hat is the icing on the cake, so sweet. I love pink and greens and yellow, too!
Happy Easter!
Heidi

audrey h. said...

oh my goodness...these are just too adorable. Love them! Happy Easter to you and your family :)

Sugar Bear said...

Oh my gosh - I love them! So sweet and colorful. Happy Easter.
Karla

Sandra said...

Beautiful project! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

I just adore your little ducklings, they are so cute!!

Kari & Kijsa said...

Have a wonderful Easter Sunday!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Fated Follies Studio said...

cute little chickies. i loved everything i purchased from your store and even blogged about it. i hope you are enjoying the beginning of spring!

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Heather~I love my duckie. He is on my kitchen window sill and he makes me smile everytime I look at him...or is it her? I think the hat makes it especially adorable and the tiny little flowers. This swap was so much fun...all the gifts were great! Thanks for sharing your talent. ~Joyce

lollysnestegg said...

These duckling creations are adorable!! Good job!
~Lolly

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

These are wonderful! This swap was a blast--I was in the purple group.
It's always fun to stop in here!

Anonymous said...

RECEIVED MY ORDER FROM YOU AND LOVED IT ALL..PACKAGED SO LOVELY AND THE LITTLE SURPRISE EXTRA WAS SO SWEET OF YOU..THANK A MILLION TIMES OVER...VAL