Thursday, March 6, 2008

Nesting: Part 1

The Sweet Little Nest Swap that I hosted is just finishing up. I'm sure you've seen some fabulous nests around blogland! You can visit our Flickr group to see all of the lovelies! I'm sure even more nests will be posted in the coming days as they make their way to their new homes.


Today I'm going to share the nests that I made for my partners! I really had a ton of fun making these!!!


This first nest went to the super sweet Jenny of Everyday is a Holiday. Jenny loves the vintage look... and rabbits... and pink and blue! I spray painted her nest white and coated it in tarnished silver glitter. The nest is decorated with vintage velvet ribbons and small posies.

I found the cute bunny at a local shop... he's resting on a bed of shredded sheet music.
Who says nests are just for birds? :)


And this next one went to the lovely Kari (aka ArtsyMama)!


This nest has more of a natural, woodland feel. I found the big velvet flowers at an antique shop (I'll share pics soon of this fabulous store!) I just LOVED the color of them and pretty much designed the nest after them.


I picked up the nest and cast iron bird at another great local shop... and added the flowers, eggs, leaves, and crinkle wire from my own collection.

I really had a great time gathering supplies and making these little nests for these two extra special gals. I sure do hope the like them! Next time, I will share the AMAZING nests that I received from them!!!

22 comments:

Mary Isabella said...

These nests are awesome!!!! Hope you are having a beautiful day.....Smiles

Fanny said...

They are both beautiful! And so different! Your stash of treasures must be something to behold...

Scrappy Jessi said...

yours are so darling!
im sure both of them will love them!
oxoxox,
jessi

Lilli said...

Prettyprettypretty! You've made Spring come :)

kari said...

They are beautiful! C'mon spring!

Linda said...

Hi Heather,
I just love your nests they are both just beautiful, I'm sure that Jenny and Kari are going to both love them.
Cheers Linda

ArtsyMama said...

As you know, I ADORE my nest. Thank you so very, very much!!!
Kari

Kai said...

WOW! Those are stunning! So delicate with elements of surprise in each! You do amazing art, Heather! LOVE THEM!

Sue Z said...

HI,

I really love these nests. I have been admiring your blog and I love your color sense and style for pulling things together. You are quite an inspiration.

Thanks!!

Sugar Bear said...

They are beautiful!
karla

m i c h e l l e said...

Oh Heather! Your nests are SO lovely! You just can't help but get in a good mood when you look at them. Thanks!

barbara burkard said...

awesome awesome awesoME!!! WOW...LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!

HUGZ

Danielle Muller said...

these are absolutely divine!!

blessings,
danielle
www.thevintagedragonfly.typepad.com

tiffany said...

your nests are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and hosting the swap, I had a blast both creating and recieving. Can't wait to participate in your next swap!
xo Tiffany

Michele said...

Heather, your nests are adorable. What a cute idea to put in the bunny! Thanks for the great swap!!!
Michele :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

This was such a fun swap, thanks again, Heather!

LaurieStar said...

Wow! I love that you put a bunny in the nest! What a great idea! Both of them came out adorable! I wish you and I could go shopping together! I need a bird and bunny like that! :)

Thanks for all your help with the nest swap - what fun! I love the one I got too! :)

Michelle said...

These are all so beautiful!

Chel in the Land of ZNE said...

Just a quick THANK YOU for hosting the swap! My swap partner and I received our nests. I know I am thrilled!

You can see my blog post about it on my blog:

http://Chelise.Typepad.com

Thanks again!

Sandra Evertson said...

These are Just Lovely!
Sandra Evertson

HopHopJingleBoo said...

dang!!?/ how did i miss out on this Nest swap.. i love bird nest and little birds.. everything is so pretty ..you must a very good girl to reap these sweeties!!thanks for sharing..

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

What lovely little nests--so personsal for each lady!