Monday, June 16, 2008

Just the tip of the iceberg


I've been so lucky lately at the flea markets and yard sales finding vintage jewelry. And I hit the jackpot when a sweet friend of mine was doing some de-stashing a few weeks ago. Most of the lovelies in these photos are from her. Amazing stuff, huh??? And these photos just show a tiny fraction of what I've collected.


I've been wanting to make my own jewelry for quite some time. I've had so much fun hosting and participating in charm swaps... and I've made a few charm bracelets and necklaces here and there. I love old beads and findings (as you can tell from my shop). So it seems like a natural fit. The problem has been that I really don't know proper jewelry-making techniques. So, I've signed myself up for a few classes at a local bead shop to hopefully fix that!

My free time and available space has become more and more limited lately. But, I really miss making things. I thought this would be a fun new creative outlet. The supplies don't take up much room, and I can leave a project on the dining room table without creating a huge mess. I can work on a piece for a little while and come back to it hours or days later.

I'm so excited to learn something new!
I really love the idea of turning these old cast-offs into something new and unique.
Can't wait to show you what becomes of these treasures!

19 comments:

Michele-thisgoodday said...

Oh Heather, you have quite a lovely collection of beautiful sparklies...hmmmm, can't wait to see what comes of that stash!
Michele :)

Little Pink Studio said...

Oh my stars Heather! Lucky, lucky you!
I love all the white, pearly pieces! Just gorgeous.
Can't wait to see what you create out of them.
~Cerri xo

Attic Charm said...

Incredible sparklies! So pretty...good luck in your jewelry making adventure!

mary said...

I LOVE it ALL!!

Sadie Lou said...

Goodness me!
That is a lot of Goodies!
Lucky Gal, I can't wait to see what you create with all those lovelies!
~Sadie

art-creations said...

you are so lucky,what great finds.Love the white pieces and the rhinestone star and and and :))

Wanda said...

It's all so beautiful. Good luck in your new creative endeavour. I'm sure it will be wonderful.

Kai said...

Eeeeks! I am quickly turning an outrageous shade of Envy Green! Soooo beautiful, Heather! You are going to make some REALLY pretty things from those!

Sarah said...

oh my! You lucky lucky girl! Can't wait to see your fun jewelry.
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

Wowie wow wow! Beautiful treasures that will become even more beautiful in your hands! I can't wait to see what you create! xo-Mel

KayEllen said...

What pretty eye candy!!!
Nice to meet you:)

kayellen

kayellen.typepad.com

Sweet Sage said...

OH MY! Awesome Finds!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

You a beautiful, sparkly collection. You are sure to have a great time.

artbeth67 said...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :)

elizabethholcombe said...

Oh my goodness, Heather! What glittery glorious FUN! I can't wait to see the fab goodies you create from them!~~~XXOO, Beth

Charmingdesigns said...

oh my goodness!!! You certainly have the stash now to make some beautiful jewelry!!! Classes are soooo much fun. Laurie

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles said...

cant wait to see what you do with the jewelry!!
I love new jewelry made from old.
smiles,
Sandy

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Making old jewelry can be very addictive! And you are right, if you need to take a break for a bit, it is easier to come back to later than gluing type projects.

roseylittlethings said...

WOW, what a lot of pretty vintage jewelry!!! Cant wait to see what you make with it all!