Friday, July 11, 2008

Jewels of the Sea


Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes! I had a wonderful day with my girls including lunch, shopping, and a trip to Chuck E Cheese's (that's what happens when you let a 5 year old be the event planner:). We had a great time though! My sweetie had to work a realllly long day, but I let him off the hook since he snuck out for an hour to bring me one of these. Yummmm.

I stretched the birthday festivities all week. Lunch with my best friend, a day trip to visit my sister, dinner at my parents. I'm officially having a "birthweek" from now on... one day just isn't long enough to get everything in!

Also be sure to stop by and send some birthday wishes to my friends Beth and Mel.
They're July babies too!


In other news, the Jewels of the Sea Swap that I'm hosting is wrapping up. You can see some of the fabulous pendants that the players created here. Really gorgeous stuff!

These are the ones that I made. I finally put to use some of the vintage components that I've been hoarding! These were made with a vintage chandelier crystal, pearls, and glass beads. I really love the colors... it's actually the same palette of colors found throughout my house. Lots of shades of whites with some aqua, light green, and a touch of pink.


I guess that's all for now... time to get back to packing orders. I have several boxes (and random piles) of goodies to add to the shop as well. I've been promising them to you for a while now, haven't I? Soon, I promise. For real, this time! :)

Have a great weekend!!!

18 comments:

Kim H. said...

Happy Belated Birthday! OH what a yummy looking ice cream cake! I think I could live on ice cream! LOL! Love your pendant! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sarah and Jack said...

I knew I would be sorry I didn't sign up when I saw what you made, and I am!

(Too bad I had zero ideas at the time. LOL)

fated follies studio said...

i'm glad you had a fun birthweek. :) your pendants are so beautiful. love them. have a nice weekend yourself. looking forward to those shop goodies, let us all know. :)

jenny

Wanda said...

Leave it to you to top us all..they are beautiful. I'm glad you decided not to hoard those things any longer....six of us will be very lucky. Happy belated birthday as well.

Michele-thisgoodday said...

But the question is...who are the lucky six to receive those really beautiful pendants! Heather, they are sweet and sparkly and lovely!
:) michele!

Lisa said...

That is the best way to celebrate a birthday ~ spread out over a week! LOVE the colors of the sea pendants you have put to together! Beautiful!

Dolly said...

Oh Heather those pendants are breath taking!
I love love love love them!
I would love to see a tutorial on them! hint hint!

Happy belted birthday!
Sounds like your week was filled with fun!

Hugz,
Dolly

Robyn said...

Happy belated Birthday! And yes a birthday week is in order! Love your little pieces of art! Really glorious!
Hugs,
Robyn

Diane said...

What a pretty, pretty blog! I'm so glad I found it! It's going on my blog as one of my favorites! So pretty! I said that already, didn't I! But it is! I love your pendants. The colors are scrumptillious!
Happy Birthday!
A New Visitor,
Diane Knott

Robyn said...

Come by and say hello and see me! I have posted some pics! Did something very new to me...eeekkk! Had some fun but thought I would give it a try!
Hugs,
Robyn

Sugar Bear said...

Such gorgeous sparkly pendants! Fabulous birthday cake from hubby. I could eat one all by myself!
Karla

Vintage by Crystal said...

Ohhhhh...is it too late to get in on this swap? lol Those are just too beautiful. I love the color too.

Oh, and you should def check out Brimfield...you never know what you can find. Maybe I'll even see you there!

Robyn said...

Aren't you the sweetest Heather! Thanks for your kind words! I need to carry you in my back pocket for sure!
hugs,
Robyn

LaurieStar said...

What pretty danglies! I'm sorry I missed yet another swap! I need to get my act together!

Marie Antionette said...

Also Happy belaed birthday.Your hubby is a sweetheart.What a pretty little pendants. Marie Antionette

Jeanne said...

Hi Heather,
Oh what a pretty pendant you made. Love it! My box of pendants came today and what fun I had opening them! Thanks so much for the little goody pack you included. That was so sweet of you!
xo
jeanne

michelle said...

Your pendants are so beautiful! Happy late birthday, I absolutely believe in birthweeks! I got my package and it is all so wonderful! Thank you so much!

Donna Layton said...

These are drop dead gorgeous Heather. It's so nice to catch up on your beautiful blog:)