Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Goodies in the Shop (finally...)

I must admit that lately I've had a hard time working.
I'm just enjoying the summer too much with my girls.
Which isn't a bad thing... we've been having lots of fun.
Playdates, day trips, ice cream, chillin' by the kiddie pool...
Trying to squeeze out every possible bit of fun of these fabulous summer days.
My Little One will be heading to kindergarten in September, so these are our last days before she enters school and has a lot less free-time.
But, I've also been promising a shop update since early June.
These boxes and piles of goodies that I've been collecting are starting to make me dizzy... heehee.
Even though we are still in the middle of summer, I know that many of us are starting to think about projects for the Fall. I've added some fabulous new things to the shop that would be perfect for these creations.

Vintage 1940's fabric scraps. Delicious colors and pretty floral prints.

Lots of vintage ephemera.

New colors of German Scrap, including this yummy chocolate border. Also, two styles of a matte orange border, perfect for Halloween! (Plus many re-stocks.)

Lots of the velvet flowers and leaves have been re-stocked, plus new colors of the flat blossoms and these shimmery velvet leaves.

You can see all of the newbies here!


I'm also happy to share that Kari has asked me to be a guest designer on her Sweet and Sinister Halloween Blog! I'm so excited and have a million ideas brewing for fun Halloween projects! You can read all about it here. The swap part is full, but you can still sign up to be a part of the blog fun... full of ideas and inspiration!

And finally, Speckled Egg will be celebrating its 4th birthday in a few weeks! I'm working on some fun giveaways, free gifts, crafty tutorials, and a new swap. I can't wait!!!!

17 comments:

barbara burkard said...

OH OH..YOUR NEW ITEMS ARE SOOO DELICOUS! Wow!!! But then again...you always have been on the cusp of trendsetter!!! lovely lovely lovely!!!! Rushing over there now...before the stuff is G-O-N-E~!!!!

...and congrats on the guest designer!!!

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

Gorgeous new items, my friend! I was so excited to read that you were going to be a guest designer for Sweet and Sinister-I was too late to swap but not to blog! 4 years??? Where does the time go? And as for summer with your littles-you're so right - enjoy EVERY moment! xo-Mel

Sugar Bear said...

Fabulous new goodies! You find the greatest things.
Karla

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Great new items!! Love the blue leaves, so gorgeous!

I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying summer with your little ones, those times are so precious--enjoy every second of it!

Have fun!
Smiles, Karen

Lilli said...

Pretty Pretties! I can't believe how much patience people had to write so beautifully in the old days. Although I think the pace of life was slower back then and people had more patience :)

Stink Bone Jones said...

I must go check out your shop updates. I have my eye on those velvet leaves.

Aww, how sweet your little one is going to kindergarden! How exciting, it's best to enjoy all that free time now.

fated follies studio said...

everything looks pretty. i hope you continue to enjoy summer with your little ones. i'll be checking back often. :)

jenny

Robyn said...

Great new things! Love it all!
Congrats on being hte guest designer! I can't wait as I am in that swap! YEA!
Hugs,
Robyn

Jules said...

Hi Heather i emailed you a few times regarding the swap at info @speckled egg is this the wrong one,looking forward to getting mine its like xmas.You are so fun.
Hugs
Jules

Lori said...

Heather, your new goodies are beautiful!!! i love that chocolate brown trim...wow!!! congrats on your guest designer spot:)

enjoy the rest of your summer, it is going way too fast if you ask me!!!

Marie Antionette said...

You certainly do have some nice things, and you recieved alot of wonderful goodies.Enjoy your children,while they are young and care free,They sure grow up fast. Hugs Marie Antionette

Kai said...

PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY, Heather! Love your new goodies! And SO glad to finally get a chance to visit your blog! HUGS!

vintagebella ~ andrea said...

wow! love the new pretties in the shop! Sweet and sinister sounds fun!

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous stuff!
Sandra

Jen said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with the the Sweet and Sinister blog!

Angie said...

i love stopping by here...you always have such lovely pictures to drool at..i mean..look at.. That octopus is just gorgeous..wow! me and the kids have been living in the pool as much as we can...enjoy the rest of the summer..it sure is flying by...

~Angie

T=ME said...

Congrats on being chosen to be a guest designer for Sweet and Sinster. I was to late to play. Pleae go to my blog and pick up your award! Hugs, Terri