Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pretty Posies and a Flop

Yikes! I'm a little late with this "Friday" tutorial. Maybe it is still Friday somewhere in the world? Heehee...

I do have a good excuse. My project was a dud. Total flop. I had planned on making some pretty little ribbon flowers... and they just didn't turn out as I had hoped. They just were not working with me at all. Maybe I procrastinated too long? Or I just wasn't in the crafty mood yesterday. I'm not sure what happened.

So this week's tutorial isn't really a tutorial. More of just an idea. A little bit of inspiration.

I scooped up these beautiful flowers at one of my favorite farm stands and thought it would be fun to embellish them a little.

I first wrapped the bouquet in a large sheet of vintage newspaper. Then I added a strip of vintage wallpaper around the stems and tied it with some pretty ribbons.

The final touch was a vintage rhinestone pin. A really easy and super-quick project.
Great for a last minute gift... or a last minute tutorial! :)

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and feedback for Speckled Egg's Birthday and for these tutorials! I've had a lot of fun doing them and am so happy that you liked them!

The winner of the final $25 gift certificate to Speckled Egg is:

GLORIA B!!!!

I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday weekend!
xoxox

21 comments:

lori said...

love the flower-wrap, great tutorial for a last minute gift!! it makes giving flowers a bit more personal. enjoy your weekend, it is three days long!! woo hoo!!

jenny fowler said...

how awesome heather, this is a great idea, especially if you have to buy a gift without much time. i'm definitely going to keep this in mind. this is a great hostess gift idea as well too!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is gorgeous! I often take flowers from my garden to dinners as hostess gifts. This is a great idea for presentation! I'll be linking to this in today's Daily DIY.

Lorilee said...

Great Save!! I think some last minute pressure often leads to some of the greatest inspirations!
Blessings,
Lorilee

Lola Enchanted said...

So gorgous! The wrap on the flowers is just as pretty as the flowers! WoW!!!~

Sugar Bear said...

The flowers look gorgeous! Perfect way to spruce them up.
Karla

Kai said...

Wow, Heather! That makes the flowers look EXTRA special! You gave me an idea! That could be done in a way to represent ANY season/holiday! THANKS!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I love gifts with gifts. This is perfect!

Robyn said...

LOL! It is still a great idea!
Come by and take a peek at what I have a 'brewin' over at my place!

Melanie Schulenberg said...

What a beautiful presentation for a floral gift.

Vintage At Heart said...

Hello,
Just checking to see if I can add your link to my blog. My blog list was wiped out, so I am starting from scratch.
If it's not ok, please let me know.
Thanks!
Brieanne
Vintage At Heart
www.forloveofvintage.typepad.com

audrey h. said...

Heather...this is beautiful. I love the idea of the paper and added touches that gives it a more personal feel and adds even more beauty to those gorgeous flowers.

Laurie said...

I featured your Flower Garland tutorial on TipJunkie.com today. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Heather, so pretty!

erink88 said...

wow your blog is awesome! i came over from tip junkie to check out your flower garland, can't wait to try this! added you to my google reader, can't wait to see what you do next. thank you so much sharing.

Danielle Muller said...

so pretty!

are you coming to silver bella??

blessings,
danielle
www.thevintagedragonfly.typepad.com

Marie Antionette said...

You took a bad crafting day and made it into a wonderous thing of beauty.What you did with those flowers are fantastic.marie Antionette

Draffin Bears said...

Such a pretty bouquet of flowers.

I enjoyed my visit to your blog ~
thank you.

Carolyn

Savor the Journey said...

Oh my word! What a delightful way to dress up a bouquet! Love it!

~Bev

Sarah said...

so pretty!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Sarah said...

I just have to say ONE MORE TIME! I love this idea!
Sarah
Vintage Lily