Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cuppycakes

I really hate to start each blog post with "things have been so busy here", but it is true! I need to get back into blogging more regularly. So, that is my plan. :)


We recently celebrated my Littlest One's 2nd birthday! She actually had 2 parties, since we have a big group of family and friends. She had a blast! We did a cupcake theme, as you can see. Lots of pink, lots of sweets!


Here are the invitations that I made.


The cupcake part lifted out of the liner to reveal the event details.


Here are some cute cupcake favors. Each one of these holds half a big bag of M&Ms!!! I saw the idea for these in the May 2008 issue of Parents Magazine. you basically fill a baggie with candy and tuck it in a paper cup to resemble a cupcake. These could be foofed-up into something really cute, with ribbons, tissue fringe, etc. I just was running out of time! Yikes!


Some chocolate pops we made. We did iced cupcake cookies too, but I guess I didn't take a photo. I'm pretty sure that all of the kids had enough sugar by the end of this party!!!


I have definitely been on a cupcake kick! These ornaments weren't for the party, but for Natalea's Valentine's Ornament Swap. Such a fun swap... you can see all of the other lovely ornaments from the other players here.


22 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun birthday party! Love the theme and I love my little Valentine Ornament too! Thanks so much! I hoped you like the tag and the goodies too!
Sarah
Vintage Lily

Serendipit-Us said...

Heather~ What clever birthday party ideas! The ornaments you made are also absolutely adorable!!!

~Kimberly~

Elizabeth said...

Heather,
These are too sweet. I want to have a cupcake party right now.
Elizabeth

Elyse said...

OMG this is so cute and so sweet! let's have a cupcake party for us big kids here on the east coast! LOL

xo

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

What a cute party...and those invitations are darling!

Hope @ Thoughts of Whimsy said...

My niece is 5 today and I so wanted my sister to do a cupcake birthday!!! Glad I get to see your fabulous party.
Blessings~Hope

Connie said...

What a fun idea with the cupcake theme! Love all of your ideas!
xo, Connie
www.constantlyvintage.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Such a cute party! And you gave me some ideas for my daughters sweet 16...she's an ice cream cone girl...thanks!

Sandy Michelle said...

Heather, Thanks so much for your sweet Valentines swap ornament!!! Happy belated to your sweetheart! I love the lollipops :)

Sandy xox

Merci-Notes said...

All adorable!
Did you design the invites?
They are very nice!

Hugs,
mary

Lisa Gatz said...

What fun treats! They look like a sugar plum dream.

ArtsyMama said...

Cute, cute ideas!!! We're into cupcakes here too:)
Kari

Merry said...

What wonderful items you created for the cupcake theme. Really like those little invitations.

barbara burkard said...

oh my goodness you have been sooo busy...same here...your cupcake sweets (all of them) are just spectacular...!!! WHAT A FUN PARTY! and oh my gosh...you HAVE been busy!

hugz

Maija said...

You are a great mama!
It's all about the cupcakes!

Melissa Jones said...

Your blog is so sweet!!! LOVE it! I tagged you!! Check out my blog!!! Have a great weekend!

Drama queens mum said...

Everything looks so great.

Lori said...

what a fun party...your cupcake theme is absolutely adorable!!!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Love the M&M cupcakes!

Jeanne said...

Heather, these cupcake ornaments are the sweetest! I'm so happy that I was the recipient of one of them. I finally posted about Natalea's swap - come see how the ornies look on my Valentine tree.
xo
jeanne
http://jeanneszewczyk.blogspot.com

deb said...

The little invitations are darling. I'm planning my twins 1st birthday party right now. Trying to settle on one design is impossible but so much fun to brainstorm. I love your latest mailing. I want so badly to go but I think a night away is too much at this point. I'm not ready to be away from my little ones yet. :) I should be mailing your package shortly. Can't wait! xo

Olivia said...

I'm looking at those cupcake invitations and thinking, wow, that'd be awesome for my birthday party.. Haha and then I realized I'm turning 16 not 2 but oh well:)

Super cute ideas btw!

xoxo