Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nesting Collection Tutorial

I was super excited earlier this winter when Deb, from Say-it-with-Letters invited me to be a guest designer for her! Deb's company makes the most amazing custom cut shapes and letters. They are made of MDF and are super smooth and wonderful to paint or collage on. No sanding! She has hundreds of designs to choose from, and does custom work as well. Plus they all have notches on the back for easy hanging. I plan on ordering one of these giant monograms for our living room.


Deb sent me her fabulous Nesting Collection to work with. SO fun!


I used vintage papers and embellishments in shades of white to decorate the shapes. I really love how they turned out!
You can see the tutorial I did here.



8 comments:

Lorrie said...

very pretty and creative

Lorrie

Tamerie Shriver said...

Just lovely...

shabbyscraps said...

love it heather! Great project!!
xoxo, TIffany

Stacy/Creativemuse said...

O I love Deb's letters I have a NOEL with photos of the children and vintage wall paper.
SO super! I love the GIant letter I hadn't seen that yet!
YOu have a lovely tutorial and wonderful NESTING project so sweet!
Warmly,
Stacy~Creativemuse

www.Creativemuse.etsu.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/52895107@N00/
http://creativemusewhereinspirationsflourish.blogspot.com/

Alison Gibbs said...

Heather how cute. I just love all those buttons
Alison

Stephenie said...

OOOOOHHHHH!!!! What a sweet project..I love it...You really did an amazing job...
Stephenie

katie trott said...

I especially love the work you did on the little bird. It looks like you just went through some old school work pages! and ta dah!! It's all so cute.

LaurieStar said...

Heather - beautiful job on these! Love the buttons!