Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vintage Embroidery Motifs

I added these vintage embroidery motifs to the shop a few weeks ago, and they have been quite popular! I adore them, myself! Just so fun and colorful! They come in themed packages of 12, and you can find them right HERE.

Here are some close-ups:


The ones above are from the Pastel Collection.


These are from the Brights Collection.


And these are from the Children's Collection.

I've had a few emails asking what you can do with them.
Some ideas:
Embellish an apron, tea towel, or tote bag.
Add to an altered book, journal, or scrapbook.
Use on a crazy quilt, art quilt, or other fabric art.
Add them to a collage or other mixed media piece.

What would YOU do with them???
I'll send some of them to the first 10 people to comment below!
Edit: I've got the 10 names. Great ideas! I'll be sending the embroidery pieces out this week.
More product giveaways to come!)
(P.S. Samantha ~ I need your address.)

13 comments:

Melissa Lobdell, Little Melfred's Studio said...

EEK! They are soooo cute! I think they'd be awfully cute framed - either small frames to sit on tables or shelves or a small piece in a larger frame on the wall. Love them! xo-Mel

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

They're darling! I think your ideas are best... I would most likely use them on an altered art book. :)

Caitlin said...

I would most likely stitch them into an art journal. :)

Heidi said...

I have been saving a few pieces here and there for the same reasons you listed! Your collection is great Heather!
:)Heidi

Lori Shay said...

Oh, I'd love to see these sewn onto some onesies or bibs for my baby girl who is due in November!
You always have the CUTEST things!!

Molly said...

I could use these on mixed fabric bags that I am making for my shop. They are too cute and fabuloous!!!
~Molly P

Nerissa Alford said...

These would be cute on a sampler or a cuff bracelet. I'd love to just collage one on a card.
I'm running to the store right now :)

Janice said...

I would use them on shopping bags or teatowels.

Kudzu said...

I just used some to make a pin cushion. I have some dresser scarves and some other things the mice chewed up. I remember seeing some Christmas angel ornaments made from old quilted pieces, and they used some bits of embroidery for the head; they were beautiful. See a photo of the pin cushion here :D
kudzu
http://kudzukween.blogspot.com/

Samantha said...

Ooohhh, LOVE the pastel collection! I think I would use some on journals and maybe as the center of a pillow or sachet. Very pretty!

Gypsy Mermaid said...

those looks so cute! cant wait to see what ya make!!! big hugs

toodles-
sarah

Natasha Burns said...

Heather they are so cute! You've got them SO well priced too! I came across some cute little similar items and they are so hard to find here in Oz, I've clutched them tightly and not let go!

Birds of a Feather said...

Hi Heather ~
Lovely new supplies!
So glad you came sunday to our creative tea ~ it was wonderful to see you!
xo Heidi