Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sugar High

I have fond memories of making special treats for our neighbors when I was growing up.
We did May baskets, bread at Christmas, and eggs at Easter. 
 With the help of our grandmother, my sister and I packaged dyed eggs and candies in little grass-filled boxes.
We loaded up our red wagon and delivered them to the neighbors.

I love those holiday traditions, and try to continue them with my own girls.
So, we whipped up a few fun and easy-peasy goodies for some friends and neighbors.

We made Jelly Bean Bark by melting white chocolate and spreading it on waxed paper.  Then we simply dropped jelly beans onto it.  We let it set and broke it into chunks.  (Next time we'll use more jelly beans!)

Some mints...


And of course, the traditional bunny cake!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

13 comments:

mercedes scott said...

Heather... these all look so yummy! I wish I were YOUR neighbor! Such a lovely tradition that you're continuing, plus it's quality time spent with your children. Happy Easter! :)

Samantha said...

Awww...I love your bunny cake's sweet little mint nose! What fun!

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Ooooh! Jelly bean bark?! That is too cute. I love peppermint bark at Christmas, so I have to try this.

Suz said...

The jelly bean back is really cute, Heather! Have a happy Easter.
Hugs,
Suz

Creative Wings Boutique said...

ok so i need some of that bark!

Kai said...

I can just see you and your kiddos having fun together, making these lovely surprises for the neighbors! That's going to be a wonderful memory for them! Not only that, you are eaching THEM what your family taught YOU - giving feels so great! The bark idea is yumm-o! And the mints and cake ... sigh. I WANT SOME OF THOSE!!!! HUGS to you, Heather!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I LOVE the jelly beans bark! I hope you don't mind if I copy you & make some next year!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter Heather! I'll be mailing my swap partners out their boxes today. And I'll post previews on flckr.

Thanks for hosting!

Amy said...

I have tried making those mints but mine are always too sticky and don't pop out of the mold. What is your secret?

-Amy
Crafting by Candlelight

Laurie said...

They look beautiful and delicious! What a wonderful tradition!

fishyfacedesigns said...

I love these ideas and cant wait to see what you share for the remaining holidays....Thanks for letting me stop in!!!!

Lorraine said...

I love the jelly bean bark idea!! It's all just adorable!

Kelly_Deal said...

Ummmm everything looks delish and that bunny cake is just adorable!
Kelly

Something Special said...

Those treats look so vintage, and what great traditions you had with you grandma!