Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Library Love + Swap News!

 
Over the summer I volunteered to teach some craft classes at our local library.
I did some simple crafts with the younger kids and a weekly art journaling class with the teenagers.
The kids all did an amazing job with their projects.
Especially the art journals ~ I wish I had photos to share!
I had put together some ideas and journaling prompts, and brought a bunch of fun supplies to play with.
They had fun cutting and pasting and putting together collages.
I really loved how they didn't over-analyze or stress over how things were looking.
They just went with it.
And they had a blast.
I love that about kids.
The library asked me to decorate a clipboard for a fundraiser they are having.
I decided to make a She Art-inspired piece.
I really love the technique.
It's fun to get a little messy and just go with it.
School starts next week.
Definitely bittersweet.
We had a great summer, but I'm looking forward to getting back to "normal".
I was thinking that it would be a great time to host a new swap.
Look for an announcement and sign-ups on Friday!!!

12 comments:

Cassie said...

what a fabulous clipboard! someone lucky will get it!! can't wait for the new swap announcement!

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Beautiful projects, and I love the sentiment on the first project. I think a library and garden would just about do it for me. ;)

Petite Michelle Louise said...

what fun! hard to see it come to an end, han? GIRL..where have you been? i've missed you! merci for stopping by today! :)

Thespa McLaughlin said...

How fun! I've been looking to join a really great swap. Hoping I can remember to come by Friday before everyone gets a spot. Love the clip board, turned out great! Hugs!

Jingle said...

Wonderful piece!

Heidi said...

Love working with kids ~ so true how they don't stress or over analyze their art as much as we adults do. Now if I can just remember to come back Friday ~ I am so in need of a good swap!
:)Heidi

Tammie Moore said...

Hi Heather, I'm hosting a button swap, check it out on my blog at
www.myartsoulwings.typepad.com
Creatively
Tammie Moore

Kim Hanauer said...

Heather,
Thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog! Love your sweet clipboard and your imagination~
Blessings,
Kim

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Cool clipboard!
WOW..you were at the Garden party with Viv!! AWESOME!! Looks like a wonderful time creating and hanging out with friends! I'll have to check back about the swap!
Deb :)

nancy said...

so wonderful! I took (and LOVED) thge She ARt class! I am sooo excited to be in your group for the latest swap over at the Speckled Egg too!!!! so much fun! FANTASTIC blog too btw! will sign up to follow!

Sugah Beez said...

I love your darling clipboard! The swap looks like a fun jump into fall ~ I can't wait to see some pics. Have a great weekend ~ Heidi

KatCollects said...

So cute, love the saying. Wishing you a beautiful week.
Kathy