Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Owl Baby Shower Diaper Cake

I'm hosting a baby shower in a few weeks for a sweet baby-to-be.
The theme is owls, to match her nursery.
I've been busy shopping, planning, and crafting away for the big event.
One of the things that I made is this diaper cake.
I just love that cute owl!
(I found her here.)
I'm having trouble deciding on the final decorations.

Pink flowers with brown leaves....
 
Or brown coffee filter flowers with pink leaves?
What do you think?
(Sorry for my poor photos... it's been raining here for what seems like weeks!)
I don't think the pink flowers are quite the right shade of pink.
I'm leaning toward the brown flowers, but I think that may be too much brown...
Decisions, decisions...

(The vintage leaves and ribbons are from my shop.)

10 comments:

Barbara said...

how bout instead of the big flowers...using some faux branches with little flowers sprinkled on the branches....pulling from the woodland theme...?

Diane Mars said...

I like both colors... beautiful so far! Hugs, Diane

Diaper Cakewalk said...

That is one of the cutest Owl diaper cakes I've seen. Very organic looking, which is perfect, and I love the simplicity. It's really pretty.

I like the pink flowers. The pinks don't have to be an exact match (they seldom are) for it to work, and this does. Great job, super cute. She's going to love it.

Sandy Michelle said...

I've seen a lot of diaper cakes and this one is the best I've seen yet. Have fun planning and I hope it doesn't rain for you this weekend!

Sandy xox

Erica said...

Very cute! Go with the pink flowers. It is for a baby afterall. Doesn't have to be haute couture :)

Cassie said...

Now that is the cutest diaper cake I've seen! So sweet!

Carrie said...

That is the cutest diaper cake I have ever seen!!! Adorable!!!

Suz said...

That is just adorable! You take something others make and remake it totally into your own thing. You are a Star!!!

an apropos beginning said...

So sweet, just love it! I would definitely go with the coffee filters and I think it would be really cute if you got very small little red or yellow flowers to glue in the middle of the coffee filter "flowers" to bring out the other colors in the owl :) But, just the coffee filters alone make it adorable!

Marie Antionette said...

I think your owl cake is so precious.I love the brown. It goes with the owl more.But anyway you do it.Its fantastic.
XXOO Marie Antionette