Thursday, February 14, 2013

Project Life-ish

I'm sure that many of you are familiar with the Project Life style of memory keeping.
(If not, you can learn more about it here.)
I love the idea of using various sized page protectors for mini collages and photos to document the days.
I've never had much luck with traditional scrapbooking, but I am going to give this a shot.
The idea of doing a 12x12 layout always seemed so daunting.
And to make a whole book of layouts!??! Yikes.
I never thought that I'd have enough time, so I never even really tried.
This style seems so much simpler and less time-consuming... and just more "me".

Although there are big kits that you can buy, I only ordered an assortment of page protectors.
I'm planning to put my own spin on the idea by using what I have.
Lots of the vintage goodies, ephemera, pretty papers, and bits that I've been hoarding collecting.

  While I wait for them to arrive, I need to do some serious organizing! 
I am literally swimming in supplies over here! 

I'm very excited about this new adventure.
Life has been so busy, that I've been in a bit of a creative stand-still.
I think this is just what I need.

Are any of you doing Project Life or similar album?
Any tips for a newbie?

(P.S. Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo)

1 comment:

Sandy Camarda said...

It's so much fun Heather. You will love it! Unfortunately they don't sell those kits here and amazon won't deliver them to Canada- so I had to use my own papers and buy the page protectors at special photo stores. Anyway,have a great week!