Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Surprise Snowballs


I've seen several ideas for crepe paper surprise balls posted over the years.
Such a cute idea!
I've been wanting to make some, and thought that they would be something fun for the kids to do while waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve.

They are super easy, and fun to make!
All you need is white crepe paper streamers and small toys, candy, or trinkets.
I used a roll of 150' feet of crepe paper and about 12-15 small toys for each ball.


To make one, just pick a toy and start wrapping!
(I used the largest items first and then finished with the smallest.)


Once that item is completely covered in crepe, add another toy and continue...
Just like you are rolling a ball of yarn.
I tugged a little at the crepe paper to help smooth it out along the way.


When you are finished just secure the end with a sticker.
I left mine pretty simple, but you could really go all out in embellishing these!

I put them in clear bags and added a tag that read:
Find the sticker on the snowball.
Then unroll the paper to find some fun surprises.


They will be a fun treat for Christmas Eve ~ even with the mess of 1000 feet of crepe paper floating around my living room!

17 comments:

Creative Wings Boutique said...

very cute heather

Grace said...

Wow it is that Easy? Just wrap around? I just saw them embellished a little at Kate's Paperie for $25 to $35. Thanks for sharing. I love yours they are a simple snowball! Happy Holidyas Grace xoxo

Lorrie said...

Great idea!

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

Great idea! :) I'll have to give it a try.

Lululiz said...

Great! Thats a fab new twist on the old pass the parcel game.

Leanne said...

Lululiz I was going to say exactly the same thing! Pass the Parcel goes upscale! (I remember them being done in newspaper...)

Sugar Bear said...

Love these! I'm going to store this idea for use when Chelsea is a bit older.
Karla

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Ok, now THIS is FUN! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing it. I just bought a whole bunch of neat little gifties and this will be a perfect idea to put in the stocking. Thanks so much for sharing!

Elyse said...

super fun!

xo
elyse

Heather said...

So cute! I will be using these as a "goody bag" for my daughters Birthday party next month. Thanks for sharing!

Nf1andprek-whisper said...

never seen ever.. love it.. I would love the template for the fonts you used to create the words surpise snowballs...
if you post... or allow
my email is
eatmywords40@yahoo.com

Tabitha said...

What a GREAT idea! I think I'll have my kids do this for their freinds as an advent activity. Thanks for sharing!

Two Shades of Pink said...

This is an incredibly cute idea. Love it!

Kai said...

Heather, what a BRILLIANT idea! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Now I just need some white crepe paper! Hobby Lobby - here I come!

barbara burkard said...

heather...she has the pulse on what's cool...and trendy..and AWESOME!!!!

Kris Pare said...

I love this idea! Thank you for sharing.

Stacie Edwards said...

I love, love, love your idea. I'm so excited to try this. Just bought my goodies last night. I'd love to have your label in the cutesie font you have. If you don't mind. My email is stacie.edwards@tds.net Thank you.